Conjunction list of words Learn easily step by step
What are the conjunction words? -A conjunction (it called a connective) is a word such as and, because, but, for, if, or, and when. Conjunctions are used to connect phrases, clauses, and sentences.
Conjunction list of words-when we learn other languages we should pay attention to very small things of language? We will learn the conjunction here easily. First of all, our mind comes in a question What are the conjunction words?
Definition of conjunction -Some short-form examples words of conjunctions are giving here “FANBOYS”. Each of the letters in this somewhat unlikely word is the first letter one of the co-ordinating Conjunctions in English
- A conjunction (it called a connective) is a word such as and, because, but, for, if, or, and when. Conjunctions are used to connect phrases, clauses, and sentences.
- A Conjunction is a word which merely joins together sentences and sometimes words.
- A conjunction is a joiner a word that connects (conjoins) parts of a sentence.
In Hindi — Conjunction वह शव्द है जो वाक्य तथा कभी – कभी वह केवल शव्दो को जोड़ता है।
- Ram and Mohan are good friends (दो शव्दो को जोड़ना )
- He said that he would not go home. (दो वाक्यों को जोड़ना )
Conjunctions are apart from Relative Pronouns and Relative Adverbs because its use only joining together sentences and words
- This is the house that he built ( Relative Pronoun )
- This is the place where he was married. (relative Adverbs )
- Please go and come back soon . ( Conjunction )
ऊपर दिए गए बाक्यो में That अपने पूर्ववर्ती Noun house को refer करता है। जबकि दूसरे वाक्य में where क्रिया ( was married ) को modify करताहै। अंतिम वाक्य में and एक Conjunction जो दो वाक्यों को जोड़ता है।
KINDS OF CONJUNCTIONS or conjunction list of words
- Co-ordinating Conjunction
- Sub-ordinating Conjunction
- Correlative Conjunction
(i) Cumulative Conjunctions-‘These is the conjunction which only works to add. Example ‘and’,
( ये वे Conjunction है जो केवल जोड़ने का ही काम करते है। )
(ii) Adversative Conjunctions-These are the conjunction, which adds two contradict statements.
as-but, still, only.
ये वे conjunction है जो दो कथनों में विरोधाभास (contrast )प्रकट करते है
(iii) Alternative Conjunctions-These are conjunctions, which reveal two statements, the choice of objects. either or, neither nor, else, or else.
(ये संयोजन हैं, जो दो कथनों, वस्तुओं choice प्रकट करते है।)
(iv) Illative Conjunctions-These are conjunctions, which show results or conclusions Example ‘For”
ये वे संयोजन हैं, जो परिणाम या निष्कर्ष प्रकट करते हैं।
after because, if, that, though although, till, before, unless, as, when, where, while, etc.
KINDS OF SUB-ORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS WITH EXAMPLES IN ENGLISH
- (a) I went after he had come.
- (b) Many things have happened since I saw you
(2) Cause or Reason
- (a) He did not come because he was ill.
- (b) As he was not there, I spoke to his mother.
- (a) Work hard lest you should. fail.
- (b) We eat that we may live.
- He was so tired that he fell asleep soon.
- (a) I shall go if you permit me.
- (b) Unless he works hard, he will not get through.
- Though he is poor, he is honest.
- (a) She is better than you.
- (b) He is stronger than you.
. ERRORS OF CONJUNCTIONS
Error .1 Not only ….but also
He not only gave me a pen but also a piece of paper.
(not only) के बाद Verb (gave)का प्रयोग हुआ है लेकिन but also के बाद Noun (piece) का प्रयोग हुआ है. जो की incorrect है। Correct: He gave me not only a pen but also a piece of paper.)
Error 2. No sooner …. than
No sooner के साथ than के स्थान पर but या अन्य Conjunction का प्रयोग गलत है।
- No sooner had he received the message but he started. (than he started)
- No sooner had I been informed but I rushed for his help (than I rushed for his help.) ‘
- No sooner had they arrived when she started complaining. (than she started complaining)
Note-No sooner के के बाद और Subject से पहिले helping verb का प्रयोग होता है।
Error .3 Use of Neither… Nor and Either ….. or
Either….or का हिंदी में अर्थ होता है, यातो …….या और Neither… Nor का हिंदी में अर्थ होता है. नातो। …….. ना
- He neither came or wrote to me. (write nor in place of or )
- Neither his father or his brother came to the party.(write or in place of nor )
Either …….. or, neither ……. nor, not only… ….. but also,
के बाद एक से Parts of Speech न रखना।
- He either lost his purse or his umbrella. (यहां either के बाद Verb lost है
जबकि or के बाद Noun (umbrella) जो incorrect है।
Correct: He lost either his purse or his umbrella).
- Either he ‘came late or did not come at all. (Eitherके बाद Pronoun (he)है जबकि or के बाद Verb (come) जो incorrect है।
- Correct: He either came late or did not come at all).
- Neither he wrote nor sent any message. (Neither के बाद Pronoun (he)है जबकि nor के बाद Verb (sent ) जो incorrect है।
- Correct: He neither wrote nor sent any message).
Error 4. Hardly, scarcely तथा barely केबाद when के स्थान पर than या किसी Conjunction का Use करना:
- Scarcely had he left than it began to rain. (when it began to rain)
- Hard1y had we arrived than she left. (when she left)
- I had barely come in than the telephone rang. (when the telephone rang.) ‘
Error 5. दो Conjunctions का प्रयोग करना
- I do not understand that how it all happened. (that हटाइये )
- He told me that why he came 1ate. (that हटाइये)
Note-यदि that के बाद Clause न होकर एक पूरा sentence हो तो thatका प्रयोग होगा।
- He said that what he wanted was a big house. (Correct) .
- She told him that if she went abroad, she would bring him a lot of money. (Correct)
Error.6. Though के बाद yet के स्थान but का प्रयोग करना गलत है।
- Though he is poor, but he is honest. (yet he is honest)
- Although he works hard, but he 1s poor, (yet he is poor)
- Even though it is hard work but he enjoy it. (yet he enjoys it)
Error .7 Both के साथ and का प्रयोग करे as well as का Use गलत है।
- Both Ram, as well as Mohan, were absent. (Ram and Mohan)
- He both speaks as well as write Gujarati. (speaks and writes)
- He is both known for kindness as well as his understanding
- (kindness and his understanding.)
- conjunction list of words