Degrees of adjectives exercises with answers
How to use adjectives in English grammar in a sentence?
Degrees of adjectives and exercises with answers- Academic English grammar academic English writing skills are necessary in today world. If You don’t know the correct use of Adjective in English grammar or in a sentence. It creates a problem for you. Here we shall study of adjective and know about some types of Adjectives and their exercises with Degrees.
What is Adjective?
Adjectives are these words which show the quality of noun, pronoun, place, times etc these are divided into two types, first, are those which we use as attributive and second, are those which we use as predictive
Adjective degrees of comparison exercises
An adjective is a word that modifies a noun or pronoun to make it more precise:
Example: a sincere, kind woman, a dark, night, day, a “lovable” lady, “every”
man or woman “tall” boy, “stunning” girl or doll “cool” glass of water.
You operate adjectives to provide your nouns with a touch mindset
or to communicate definitely.
English grammar type and rules for adjectives
(i) descriptive adjective
(ii) determiner adjective
The descriptive adjective refers the satisfactory, Functions, colouration, form and many others of The function of descriptive adjectives:
(A) The descriptive adjective is used both attributively and predicatively at the same time as determiner adjective.
Used best before an own.
He is an honest boy (attributive use)
The boy is sincere. (predicative use)
List of adjectives in English grammar
(b) Determiner adjectives
- (i) adjective of excellent unpleasant, heavy, dry precise, crimson
(ii) demonstrative adjectives
‘ this, that; these, the ones
- (iii) distributive adjectives
‘ ” each, each; both, neither ‘
(v) quantitative adjectives
some, any,’ no, little ‘
- (vi) numerical adjectives ‘
few; many all, numerous, one, first
- (vii) interrogative adjectives, which, what, whose.
(viii) possessive adjectives
my, our, your, his, her, their, its
- (ix) gift/beyond participle
a moving bus, Indian wounded driving force, a burnt guy, tiring adventure
- (x) relative adjectives who,’ which, that, ‘ ‘
- (xi) emphatic adjectives personal, such, same, very
- (xii) right adjectives,
India, Asian, Asian, American ‘, French wines, English Indian tea and so forth.
(xi ) exclamatory adjectives what, which, how
(c) articles as determiners a, an, the
1-Here we know about degrees of adjectives exercises and their answers of the descriptive adjective. Show the sort or fine of a person or issue: as,
Delhi is a huge city
He is a sincere guy.
The silly old crow attempted to sing.
That is a grammar English language.
(2) adjective of amount show how plenty of issues is supposed; as,
past due a few rice.
he showed plenty persistence
he has little intelligence
we’ve had enough workout.
S, he has misplaced all his wealth, You have no feel.
(he did no longer consume any rice
The whole sum changed into expended
Adjectives of amount answer the query: how much? ”
(3) -adjectives of a wide variety (or numeral adjectives) show how many persons or things are supposed, or in what order someone or aspect stands; as
The hand has 5 arms
few oats like cold water
There aren’t any pix on this e-book
There are several mistakes in your workout
(4) adjectives of number (or numeral adjectives) are of three kinds,
(i) precise numeral adjectives, which denote a precise range; as,
one, two, three, and so on. Those are known as cardinals.
First, 2d, 0.1,2 3, and many others. , these are called ordinals.
[A Cardinal denotes how many, and an Ordinal the order of things in a series lt will be seen that Ordinals really do the work of Demonstrative Adjectives.
(ii) indefinite numeral adjectives, which do not denote a precise variety: as,
all, no; many, few; some, any; sure, numerous, sundry. ‘
(iii) distributive numeral adjective, which seeks advice from each one in every of quite a number; as.,
Every boy has to take his flip.
India expects each guy to do his responsibility
Every word of it’s far fake.
Either pen will do.
On either aspect is a slender lane.
(5). The equal adjective can be classed as of quantity or range, consistent with its use
Adjectives of quantity
Late some rice.
He has misplaced all his wealth.
You have no feel.
He did no longer eat any rice.
All guys should die.
Adjectives of quantity
a few boys are clever.
There aren’t any pictures in this e-book
are there any mango-bushes in this garden
(6)demonstrative adjective: point out which individual or factor is supposed; as
This boy is stronger than ram
These mangoes are sour
Those rascals ought to be punished.
Don’t be in any such hurry. –
L hate such matters.
A demonstrative adjectives solution the question: which?
[It will be noticed that this and that are used with Singular nouns and these and the with Plural nouns]
Seventy-five what, which and whose, while they’re used with nouns to ask questions,
Rule of AdjectiveRule 1-: Generally speaking adjective is used when the quality of a noun and pronoun rather
then the action of a verb is expressed.
The adverb is used to modify the action of a verb, an adjective, an adverb
She is a skilful dancer. (quality)
She dances skilfully. (action)
Sonu’s act was thoughtful. (quality)
Sonu’s act thoughtfully (action)
Rule 2 The verbs below are linking verbs.Some are not modified by adverbs
Be, become,seem appear,taste,smell,sound,get,grow,feel , turn,prove,look,make ,etc. example – :
1 I feel sick.
2 He appears sad.
3 Mohan is smart.
Note-: The distinction between the following sentences
Errors of adjectives degrees exercises with answers
Error Rule 1: Do not Use of Adjective at the place of Adverb.
1.Some people do this work very quick (Use quckly at the place of quick)
2.He spoke very friendly.( In a very friendly )
Error Rule 2: Do not Use of Adverb at the place of Adjective.
1. The rose smells sweetly.( Here sweetly is qulfiving a subject )
The rose smell sweet. ( correct.)
2. He feels sadly ( Use sad at place of the sadly)
Error 3. Comparative क्र स्थान Superlative का प्रयोग करना।
1. He is the tallest of the two. (taller)
Note-दो या बस्तुओ की तुलना में Comparative degree के Adjective का प्रयोग होता है। दो से अधिक ब्यक्तियो या बस्तुओ की तुलना करने में Superlative degree के Adjective का प्रयोग होता है।
Error 4. Comparative other छोड़ देना
1. He is wiser than any man. (any other man)
Note- जब दो या दो से अधिक ब्यक्तियो बस्तुओ की तुलना Comparative degree के
Adjective से कीजाती है तब than के बाद any other लगाना आबश्यक है।
Error 5. Superlative के साथ other का प्रयोग करना
1. She is the most intelligent of all other girls. (of all the girls)
Error 6.दो तुलनीय बस्तुओ में से एक को छोड़ देना
1. The area of my house is smaller than your house. (than that your house)
Error 7. Double Comparative का प्रयोग करना :
1. I don’t want to be more richer. (to be richer)
Error 8. More/most/preferable than का प्रयोग करना:
1. An example is more preferable than precept. (is preferable to)
Error 9. एक ही ब्यक्ति या बस्तु के गुणों की तुलना more का प्रयोग करना :
1. I want to buy the best and cheap thing. (the best and cheapest)
2. Your pen is costlier than useful. (is more costly than)
Error 10. एक ही ब्यक्ति या बस्तु के लिए दो भिन्न degree के Adjective का प्रयोग करना :
1. I want to buy the best and cheap thing. (the best and cheapest )
2. This medicine is more effective and least harmful. (most effective)
Error 11. Much और एक-दूसरे स्थान पर प्रयोग :
1. He writes much quickly. (very quickly)
2. This book is much useful. (very useful)
3. He wasn’t very interested in the news. (much interested)
4. He worked very harder. (much harder)
Note-Positive degree के Adverbs, Adjectives तथा be, seem, feel के Complements के रूप में आये past participles के साथ very का प्रयोग होता है; much singular uncountable nouns के साथ passive voice में प्रयोग किया जाता है।
Error 12. Some और Any को एक दूसरे के स्थान पर प्रोग करना : 1. Did you eat some bananas? (any
2. He had not said something yet. (anything)
3. I must have any books. (some)
Note-साधारण नियम के अनुसार some Affirmative Sentences में और any Negative तथा Interrogative sentences में प्रयुक्त होती है।
Error 13. Older/oldest और elder/eldest को एक एक – दूसरे स्थान पर प्रयोग करना :
1. This is my older (oldest) brother. (elder/eldest)
2. The boy is elder to the girl. (older than)
Error 14. Few, a few और the few एक एक – दूसरे स्थान पर प्रयोग करना :
1. I am old enough to have had the few experiences like this. (a
Note: Few का अर्थ नकारात्मक ( लग भाग नहीं ) होता है। A Few सकारात्मक है यद्धपि थोड़ा। The few का प्रयोग तब होता है जब वह defined हो
Example: I gave you the storybooks that I had’वाक्य में clause, that I had, the few books’को define करता है ध्यान रहे कि few countable nouns के साथ आता है
Error 15. Little, a little और the little एक एक – दूसरे स्थान पर प्रयोग करना:
1. Give me little money, please. (a little money)
2. He did not give me even a little money. (even little money
3. Yes, he gave the little money. (a little money)
Note-Little का प्रयोग भी Few के समान ही होता है किन्तु little uncountable nouns के साथ प्रयुक्त होता है।
Error 16. Fewerके स्थान पर less का प्रयोग करना:
1. No less than twenty students were, present. (No fewer than)
Error 17. Next और nearest का एक दूसरे के स्थान पर प्रयोग करना:
1. Can you please tell me the next hotel ? (the nearest hotel)
2. The teacher then asked the nearest boy. (the next boy)
Note: Next का अर्थ स्थित में निकटतम के लिए होता है और Nearest का दूरी में निकटतम के लिए किया जाता है।
Error 18. Laterऔर latter को एक -दूसरे के स्थान पर प्रयोग करना:
1. Please come latter. (later)
2. Of Ram and Mohan the later is known to me, (later)
Note-Later समय सूचक शब्द है और latter स्थितसूचक शब्द है तथा former का
antonym (विलोम है )
Error 19. Latest और last को एक दूसरे के स्थान पर प्रयोग करना:
1. What is the last news? (latest)
2. I have not read the latest chapter of this book. last)
Note: Latest समय में अंतिम होता है और last स्थित (Position ) में अंतिम होता है।
Error20. Further और Farther को एक दूसरे के स्थान पर प्रयोग करना:
1. The school will remain closed until farther notice. (further)
2. On the further side of the street, there was a large shop (farther)
Note-Farther का अर्थ होता है more distant (अधिक दूरस्थ ) जबकि Further का अर्थ additional होता है।
Error 21. निम्नलिखित Adjective के द्वारा तुलना करना:
(a) complete, perfect, chief, unique, ideal, universal, entire, extreme
1.This phenomenon is most universal. (is universal)
2·This work is more perfect than that.
3. He is major than I am. (than I am हटाये
4-This room is interior to that (to that हटाये
Error 22.-Adjective degrees of comparison exercises.निम्नलिखित Comparative Degree के Adjectives के साथ Than के स्थान पर To लगाइये।
Example: senior, junior, superior, inferior, prior
1· That officer is senior than you. (senior to you!)
2. The furniture was sold prior than auction. (prior to auction)
Error 23. The two first,का प्रयोग करना
1. The two first chapters of this novel are very well written. (Correct use
The first two)
Error 24. Pride के स्थान पर proud तथा proud, के स्थान proudy शब्दों का प्रयोग करना।
1. He suffers from proud. (pride)
2. He is proudy. (pride)
- We provide the degrees of adjectives exercises with answers, you can benefit from this by reading them.