A Scene At The Railway Station
Document Type – Essay
Title – A Scene At The Railway Station
Words – 484
Useful for – Class 9, 10, 11, and 12th
Author – OM Sikarwar
Hints: 1. A scene at theTthe railway station. scene in front of the ticket window, 2. At the platform, 3. The scene at the arrival of the train, 4. Activities of the railway staff, 5. Scene after the departure fo the train.
1. Scene m front of the ticket window-In front of second class booking window, them was a long queue of passengers. They were waiting for their turns to get tickets. When the window opened, they pushed one another. Lo! the old man fell. At once, a policeman ran for his help and took up him. He saved him from being crushed He ‘ had a ticket for him.
2. At the platform–At the platform, there was a large number of
a crowd of passengers. They were waiting for the train. Some were sitting on the benches. They were talking with each other. The villagers were sitting on the floor and some of them were sitting on their boxes or trunks. Some gentlemen were walking here and there the platform. Every passenger was looking in the direction of the train. When the distant signal became yellow, passengers felt happy.
They knew that the train would shortly arrive on the platform. As soon as they caught sight of the engine, they got ready. All stood up on the platform. There was a movement on the platform. Some people put their bundles on their heads and hanging bags in arms. Others held them under their pits. Some engaged coolies for their luggage. Ladies caught hold of the arms of their children ‘
3. The scene at the arrival of the train-When the train arrived, all got ready. All were anxious to get ‘ seats. The passengers who wished to get down Opened the doors. The other people who were eager to get into the compartment tried to get in. L0! there was a great tussle between them. After a little discussion, the in-going passengers made way for the out-going passengers.
There were seats enough for only a few passengers and not for all. Those who got in got seats or remained standing. Others were running up and down the platform to find room for themselves. When they failed to get a room in the compartments, they caught hold of the handles outside some carriages. They stood on the footboards.
4. Activities of the railway staff--members of the station staff looked busy with their duties. The ticket collector was at the gate. He collected tickets from passengers. The waterman ran to the driver to supply him water to drink. The hawkers went up and down with their wares. All were busy. After a few minutes, the engine gave a long whistle and the train left the platform. ‘
5. Scene after the departure of the train-When the train left, the crowd melted away. The hawkers went to some other platforms. They stopped their crying. The station staff retired to their rooms. The platform became dull.