NCERT solutions English Class 10 dairy of Anne Frank
NCERT solutions Chapter- Name Diary of Anne Frank
English Class 10th
NCERT solutions English Class 10 dairy of Anne Frank
Q.N 1.What makes writing in a diary a strange experience for Anne Frank?
Ans . It was because Anne had never written anything before in a diary and it seemed to him that nobody would be interesting later in her musings. Nobody would care to read the thoughts of a 13 year old school girl.
Q.N2. Why does Anne want to keep a dairy?
Ans. Anne felt sad and alone as she had no true friends. She had many things to tell . She thought that no one would listen to her patiently. So she felt like writing all her thoughts in a diary
Q.N3. Why did Anne think she could confide more in her diary than in people?
Ans. Anne felt bored and listless. She had many thoughts in her mind. But she had nobody to listen her patiently. She thought that paper has more patience than people. She could write everything on paper. There was no boundation of time as well. So, Anne thought that she could confide more in her diary than in people.
Q.N4 Why does Anne provide a brief sketch of her life?
Ans. Anne provides a brief sketch of her life because she thought that no one would understand even a word of what she had written in the diary unless she provided a brief sketch of her life.
Q N5 What tells you that Anne loved her grandmother?
Ans. Anne’s brithday was celebrated without her grandmother. Anne was not happy. Grandmother candle was lit along the rest. The birthday was a make up for others. This shows that Anne loved her grandmother.
Q.N6.Why was Mr Keesing annoyed with Anne? What did he ask her to do?
Ans. Mr. Kessing was annoyed with Anne because she talked too much in his period. As a punishment he asked her, to write an essay on the topic ‘Chatterbox’.
Q N7.How did Anne justify her being a chatterbox in her essay?
Ans. She justified her being a chatter box. She wrote that talking is a student’s trait. She further wrote that it was an inherited trait in her as her mother talked too much and she could do nothing in it.
Q.N8. Do you think Mr Keesing was a strict teacher?
Ans. No, we don’t think that Mr. Keesing was a strict teacher.
Q.N9 What made Mr Keesing allow Anne to talk in class?
Ans. Mr. Keesing was trying to play a practical joke on Anne. He had given a funny topic to Anne to write an essay on it. She wrote it in a poem. It was a beautiful poem. It was about a mother duck and a father swan with three baby ducklings who were bitten to death by
the father because they talked too much. Mr. Keesing took the joke the right way. He could not help praising Anne’s in genuity. As a result he allowed Anne to talk in class.
THINKING ABOUT THE TEXT
Q.N1 Was Anne right when she said that the world would not be interested in the musings of a thirteen-year-old girl?
Ans. I think Anne was right in saying so. If we look at the political scenario of Anne’s time, anybody can say that Anne was insignificant. She was the victim of Nazis. She passed her short life in a concentration camp and died miserably. It was the time of Nazi cruelty. We could not have heard even Anne’s name if his father had not succeeded in preserving Anne’s diary. But now the whole world knows about Anne and is interested in her musings.
Q.N2.There are some examples of diary or journal entries in the ‘Before You Read’ section. Compare these with what Anne writes in her diary? What language was the diary originally written in? In what way is Anne’s diary different? ‘
Ans. In the beginning of the lesson there is an entry in diary describing a day of a boy. The log lists the activities a person makes with time. The journal describes a trip to Ooty. The memoir describes the life of an actor who was picked up by Rajkapoor and started his career as an actor. Anne’s diary also describes her life and experience. But it is different from the others in the manner that Anne’s diary was a substitute for her friend as she had no true friend. She wanted to confide her feelings in it. The diary is personified as Kitty. Originally the diary was written in German.
3. Why does Anne need to give a brief sketch about her family? Does she treat ‘Kitty’ as an insider or outsider?
Ans. Anne gives a brief sketch of her life before she writes her experience in her diary. It was because no would have understood her if she had plunged in without telling a brief story of her family. She treated Kitty as an outsider but a confident friend.
How does Anne feel about her father, her grandmother, Mrs Kuperus and Mr Keesing? What do these tell you about her?
Ans. Anne feels that her father is the most adorable father. She lives with her grandmother and loves her very much. She missed her after her death. She was very emotional with Mrs. Kuperus Both were in tears when Anne was parting with her. Mr. Keesing, the maths teacher, was angry with her as she talked too much in the class. Anne calls her the old fogy. Finally he too was impressed by Anne and allowed her to talk in the class.
5. What does Anne write in her first essay?
Ans. Mr. Kessing was angry with Anne as she talked too much in his period. He gave Anne a topic to write an essay as punishment. He gave Anne the topic Chatter box. He thought Anne would stop talking after this. But Anne justified her habit of talking in the essay. She wrote that talking is a natural trait in students. She explained that talking was an inherited trait in her as her mother also talked too much. Thus she justified her habit of talking in the essay.
Q.6 says teachers are most unpredictable. Is Mr. Keesing unpredictable? How?
Ans. Anne feels that teachers are the most unpredictable creatures. What would they do next is always uncertain. Mr. Keesing too unpredictable. He finds a strange way to punish Anne. He give her an essay to write on the topic ‘Chatterbox’ as punishment for talking in the class. Next he gives the topic An Incorigible Chatterbox’ and finally
NCERT solutions English Class 10 dairy of Anne Frank
- 57A VISIT T0 A CIRCUS ESSAY FOR CLASS 12th Visit to a Circus Essay for Class 12th -The circus is an important means of entertainment in today's era. Especially for children, entertainment is a healthy way. In the Dussehra holidays, a huge circus came to our city. Whose name…
- 56Noise pollution Essay in English 200 words Introduction of noise pollution essay Noise pollution is a disturbance to the human surroundings this is escalating at such a high rate that it turns into a primary risk to the nice of human lives. Noise pollutants have severe outcomes for all…
- 55Republic day celebration essay: Why republic day celebration Why the republic day celebration? India became free on 15th August 1947. But the constitution came into force from 26th January 1950. Our constitution declared our Country a Republic. So we celebrate 26th January every year as Republic Day. Our first President…
- 54Wonder of science essay in English 200 words 1-Introduction-: The modern age is the age of Science. It is progressing in every field of life. It is the greatest boon and blessing to mankind. It has made our life easier and comfortable. It is our lifeline. Science is playing an important part in our daily life.…
- 47Essay Writing Tips and Tricks step by step for students and kids How to write an essay? Essay Writing Tips and Tricks step by step-Before Essay Writing, we should know the details it. The dictionary meaning of the word 'essay' is a piece of writing usually short, on anyone subject'.…
- 46Taj Mahal Essay English in 200, 300- 500 words Essay on Taj Mahal in English 300 Words with Outline- Outlines: 1. Introduction 2. Preparation of tour 3. Taj Mahal location 4. Taj Mahal history and its construction 5. The description of Building 6. Conclusion 1.Introduction of taj mahal Essay: India…
- 45Cow Essay in English for kids & students of all Class Cow Essay in English with outline for class 4,5,6,7 Outliners- Introduction, 2. Her body, 3. Her food, 4-. Her habits, 5. Her usefulness, .6. Conclusion. l. introduction-Among our animal friends, the cow holds a very high rank. Not only…
- 45Diwali Essay in English for Kids and Students in 200, 250 and 300 Words Diwali Essay in English Introduction-Diwali festival of lights. Diwali is a great Hindu festival. It is a festival of lights. It often falls in the month of October or November every year. It is (believed that…
- 41You know about my hobby essay: My hobby essay in English Some words about My hobby essay About my hobby essay- Each person has different hobbies and interests. There are various kinds of hobbies. Some people have a choice of Singing, dancing, reading. But some people have choice writing,…
- 39Holi festival essay in English 300 words Holi festival Essay-Festival of Holi is love and unity. It is celebrated every year in the month of March (Fagun) by followers of the Hindu religion. Holi is known as the festival of colours. It is also known as the festival of unity,…
- 39Save the Forests Essay in English in 500 words Save the Forests Essay in English-We should Conserve trees and forests. Forests and trees—especially big trees and mature forests. Many benefits form Jungl the whole world. They provide habitat for a multitude of species, store carbon, maintain water quality, stabilize the…
- 39Nobel prize 2018 in medicine and physiology The Nobel Prize 2018 is awarded annually by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, the Swedish Academy, The Karolinska Institute, and the Norwegian Nobel Committee for those people and organizations who have made unique contributions in the fields of chemistry, physics, literature, peace,…
- 36Q. Write an essay on the importance of Sanskrit language in English Sanskrit language-Sanskrit is a Vedic language Essay The Sanskrit language has got a unique place in our tradition and culture. In ancient times it happened to be the scholarly language of Bharatavarsha. This language was used in the…
- 35The Letter to God Lesson 1 Class 10th First flight What did Lencho hope for? Q1. What did Lencho hope for? Ans. Lencho hoped for a good rain because his crop was drying without water as it was much needed for a good harvest. 2. Why did Lencho say the raindrops were…
- 33Chitrakoot tourism place essay in English Chitrakoot tourism place essay- Chitrakoot is a pilgrim place. It is the hill of many wonders and nestles in the northern spurs of the Vindhyas. It place is very peaceful and beautiful. . Chitrakoot is a place of tranquil forest glades and quiet rivers,…