Science is Good Servant But A Bad Master free essay
1. Introduction-The people always call that Science Is A Good Servant But A Bad Master. Though orthodox people call science ‘an enemy of mankind’, yet to an open-eyed man, science is not a course but a real blessing. It has done not only concrete services to mankind but also filled us with wonder by making impossible things possible for us. If anything, that has made helpless man the king or the universe, removed the darkness of ignorance with the light of knowledge and changed our thorny life into the bed of roses, it is nothing but science.
2. Science’s wonders in recreation-Ten hundred years ago, people did not know the possibilities of great service that a lifeless matter can do. Who knew photos wall talk, walk and sing. Who knew a box-like radio will fill our drawing rooms with the sweetest music. It was not possible for them to think we can talk to our distant friends just like we talk in our homes. Today television and radio have given new smiles to us. They serve as a balm for our dullness after a day’s work.
3. Science’s Industrial and Agricultural inventions –Science has also done true service in industry and agriculture. If it had not invented tractors, industrial machines, and new ways of production, a good portion of our increasing population would have died of a shortage of food and-preventive clothing against biting cold and heat. If it had not, made means of transportation such as trains, and steamships, our flood and famine, stricken people would not survive in lack of supply of necessary articles. 80 science is the saviour of mankind.
4-. Science’s wonder in the field, of medicine- We, should also thank science for its great services in the medical field. Its modem medicines have almost defeated the forces of death. It has done many miracles in saving people through surgery. in America, a child was saved from death by changing his heart by a dead child’s heart. Now a day it becomes in India. A blind man has been cured by replacing his eyes With a dead man’s eyes. So it is said science has given eyes to the blind, ears to the deaf and legs to the lame.
5. Science’s other services-In the addition to the above, science is doing great service than a human servant can do. It cools and warms our rooms. It cooks and serves our food, it, washes and irons our clothes. It lights up our houses. Only press the right bottom you can get your coffee with or without sugar. The day is not far when science will make our homes on the moon.
6. Conclusion-But if science is used for satisfying greed and pride of man, it will act as a sweet poison, like an unfaithful wife. Wrongly used science will kill her own master. But its right use can change our earth into heaven. Science is a good servant but a bad master.